Friday, January 16, 2009

9 Resolutions for 09

I am a sucker for resolutions. And pretty much any event works. So I've done New year resolutions, I've made Birthday resolutions, I've even done April Fool's day resolutions (Don't ask!). Of course being able to make resolutions does not automatically translate into being actually able to keep them. That bit, that keeing-resolutions-bit, is the one I am notoriously bad at. But does that stop me from whipping out my pen and paper and making a list of resolutions for 2009? No Sire! Nor does it stop me from trying to keep the resolutions. So for your benefit here's the list-
  1. Do one new thing every week (And I intend to report this every week, so keep 'em ideas coming on things I can do)
  2. Lose 10 kgs and keep it that way (this one's featured on every NY- Resolutions list since 1997)
  3. Write more and better and get published (any help, peeps out there?)
  4. Buy a DSLR and improve my photography and Photoshop skills
  5. Learn a language (the currrent favourites are French, Arabic or Mandarin- Any votes?)
  6. Get a Singapore driving license
  7. Travel to 5 new destinations in the year
  8. Do atleast 20 things from my '100 things to do before I die' list
  9. Manage my finances better and invest wisely (anyone who knows me, knows how bad I am with money)

Damn, this list will need all the luck and determination I can muster up. Jeez!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The word 'resolutions'has been tainted for years.But believe me it has all the 'solutions' to life within it.Failing to plan is planning to fail.A new year cannot begin without resolutions and the year cannot end without breaking some of them!Still it serves as a blueprint to navigate through life.

Unknown said...

I will give u company in following the last one!! God knows I need to do that...
:) Ur 'Winds of Change' post disappreared??

Nimbupaani said...

Rainbow: Yeah true, if not anything else, resolutions just serve as milestones that u can walk towards! I am totally for them!

Shoegirl: Hah right on! I am told keeping resolutions becomes easier when u've got company! I began with making a budget of sorts for myself and an excel sheet to track all my expenses...though it's the end of Jan and the sheet's still lying empty.
And oh about the disappearing post, I realised there was something more I wanted to say in it. It's up now!