Monday, August 11, 2008

*Blank*

It's not often that I find myself mellow and sad. It's not often that I feel a certain kind of moistness on the edge of my eyelids. Today doesn't come very often. And for good reason too. I don't want it. I don't like it. I'm searching for my smile, my ability to laugh everything off, my stupid stupid optimism.

And I can't find it.

All I can find is disappointment, sadness, the feeling that I've been let down. And the realisation that what she means to me is perhaps not what I mean to her. That's the only way I can explain it all. She tells me otherwise. I want to believe. But the nagging voice in my head goes on. Someone make it stop. Make it shut up.

There's a song playing in the background. I stop to listen to it. "...Open up my eager eyes...‘Cause I’m Mr Brightside..." Very apt.

I smile ruefully to myself. Cause, you see, I'm Mr. Brightside.

Currently Reading: Nothing really.
Currently Listening: Mr Brightside- The Killers, Have you ever seen the rain- CCR

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody can take away your smile.When one door of happiness closes another opens,but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.Keep smiling!

Fictional Reality said...

Ummm.... Join the club! Lame I know... but may be its better than offering any other kinda solace than knowing there's another soul like yours floating around.

Nimbupaani said...

Manju: Am back to smiling. I guess my optimism doesn't believe in Long vacations. Thank god!

Fictional Reality: It Definitely helps... Even possibly more than u had imagined :-)

Unknown said...

mujhe call kiya hota yaar!

Nimbupaani said...

Ah I hadn't realised that was an option.
So are u any good at the cheering up stuff then? For next time n all....